More than just a nuisance, mosquitoes are one of the upper Midwest’s most dangerous pests. Through their bites, they can potentially transmit serious diseases like West Nile virus and Zika virus, which can cause severe health problems for you or your family. To make sure you’re fully protected, you need to call a professional pest management company like Anderson Pest Solutions. We’ll bring our expert mosquito control practices to you, ensuring your home or business is protected from mosquitoes by an ironclad Anderson Guarantee that’s unmatched in the industry.
Mosquito Abatement Services in Illinois and Wisconsin
Unfortunately, your property can be the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes — ruining outdoor activities like grilling, lounging, gardening, and playing. The aim of our Mosquito Prevention Program is to reduce current mosquito populations while also eliminating breeding sources to create a long-term solution for your home or business. Our program is proven to reduce mosquito populations in treated areas by more than 90% in two to three weeks.
To find the program that fits your unique circumstances, we offer three different levels of mosquito abatement services:
- Twice Monthly: We will send an experienced Anderson technician every two weeks through September to strategically target areas around your property that attract mosquitoes and eliminate their breeding sources.
- Monthly: Once a month, your Anderson technician will treat tall grasses, trees, bushes, and underneath leaves and low-lying shrubs. After your service, your technician will recommend how to eliminate mosquito breeding sources on your property to reduce your exposure to mosquitoes.
- Single Service: This one-time treatment is ideal for temporarily reducing mosquito activity around your property for an event or special occasion.
No matter if you’re looking for residential or commercial mosquito control, you can count on the professionals at Anderson Pest to get the job done. Our mosquito abatement services don’t just eliminate mosquitoes where they live and breed — they’re also safe for children, pets, and the environment.
How to Minimize Your Exposure to Mosquitoes in Illinois and Wisconsin
Whether you’re a homeowner, a parent, or a business owner, here are a few simple steps you can take to keep most mosquitoes at bay.
Prevent Mosquito Breeding
- Eliminate mosquito larvae by removing all standing water around your property at least once a week. This includes birdbaths, swimming pool covers, plastic wading pools, and old tires.
- Cover trash bins and drill holes in the bottom of open outdoor containers to allow rainwater to drain.
- Clean clogged roof gutters.
Keep Mosquitoes from Biting
- Keep lawns cut short and shrubbery trimmed to remove mosquito hiding places.
- Properly cover windows, doors, and other openings with screen mesh that has at least 18×18 strands per square inch.
- Keep doors and windows shut to prevent entry of mosquitoes into your home or business.
- When possible, avoid going outdoors at dawn or dusk when mosquitoes are most active.
- Apply insect repellent that contains at least 25 percent DEET while outdoors for extended periods. Use only as instructed by label.
- Cover extremities with long-sleeved shirts and long-legged pants, preferably those treated with an insect repellent as well.
Schedule Residential or Commercial Mosquito Control with Anderson Pest Solutions
Anderson’s pest management professionals can help reduce mosquito populations around your property by providing reliable mosquito control services in Illinois and Wisconsin. Depending on your unique situation, we can arrange for a one-time service or come back at scheduled intervals to help you and your family enjoy the outdoors all season long.
Don’t wait until mosquitoes on your property get out of control. Contact us today to learn more about Anderson’s environmentally responsible mosquito abatement services.