Overwintering insects become a problem in late September, when the temperature cools and the adults are looking for a warm protected place to spend the winter. These insects are attracted to the warm side of our homes (generally south and west sides). They normally move upward on the wall seeking openings that will let them enter the home. They will emerge from these openings in the spring when it is warmer.
The Anderson Solution:
Your Anderson technician will:
- Conduct a full property inspection that includes your yard and home.
- Apply EPA-registered material outside where the offending insects are seen in the autumn months to reduce the infestation.
- Compile a full report on how you can further protect your home which include:
- Install or repair screen and/or chimney caps.
- Apply silicon sealant around utility lines, window and door frames.
- Exclusion should be performed from June or July as not to trap in any insects.
- Vacuum these insects in the morning and in the evening.
- Install insect light traps in attics to reduce populations over the winter.
Anderson’s pestfree365 Home program covers over 36 common pests to ensure your property and home is protected throughout the entire year.