Frequently Asked Questions
- Considering the many pest control products available in stores, why hire a professional like Anderson?
- With so many pest control companies around, why should I choose Anderson?
- What can I do to prevent pests from getting into my house?
- Should I be concerned about the safety of my children and pets?
- Are Anderson’s pest solution treatments harmful to the environment?
- What is “pestfree365” and what does it really mean to me and my family?
- Does Anderson provide service to remove and prevent pest problems other than insects?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- Does the time of the year affect the likelihood that I will have a problem with pests
- We have recently discovered a problem with bed bugs in our home. How can Anderson help?
- Recently my neighbors discovered termites in their home and now I am worried that we will have the same problem.
1. Considering the many pest control products available in stores, why hire a professional like Anderson?
In addition to expert inspection and treatment of your home’s interior, our trained technicians thoroughly inspect your home’s exterior. By concentrating our efforts outside the home, we reduce the need for service inside. A “perimeter or of protection” serves as an invisible barrier, blocking pests from entering your house. Anderson’s pestfree365 is more than a preventative pest program, it’s a promise that we will provide pest free living for your family all year long.
2. With so many pest control companies around, why should I choose Anderson?
Anderson is the largest family-owned pest solutions company in the Midwest, ranked 33rd largest in the nation by Pest Control Technology magazine. We’ve been practicing environmentally responsible pest control since 1913. Our pestfree365 protection treatment plan ensures your home and family is protected year round from over 36 different pests that appear with each new season.
3. What can I do to prevent pests from getting into my house?
Check for any cracks or crevices around your home, along with breaks in caulking around windows or tears in window screens. Try to eliminate any sources of standing water, and keep areas around garbage clean.
Also, certain flowers and plants are a Natural Choice to keep pests away from your home and garden. Marigolds are just one of many flowers, herbs, and plants that provide natural protection against a wide variety of pests. Click here to see a comprehensive list.
4. Should I be concerned about the safety of my children and pets?
By focusing our efforts on your home’s exterior, our technicians minimize the treatments necessary to protect the inside of your house. As a member of The Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program, Anderson is committed to the adoption of innovative, alternative pest control practices and the ongoing pursuit of the most environmentally responsible treatments and methods in the industry.
5. Are Anderson’s pest solution treatments harmful to the environment?
Anderson has received GreenPro certification from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). The GreenPro program is the most widely recognized green certification program for pest management professionals in the world, and is the only program of its kind to have received an award from the Environmental Protection Agency. Our GreenPro designation means that we comply with the procedures and systems established by the NPMA’s GreenPro Committee to ensure that our customers receive responsible, eco-effective service.
6. What is “pestfree365” and what does it really mean to me and my family?
Anderson knows that you want a pest control plan that guarantees results while taking your family, pets, home and lifestyle into consideration. Pestfree365 does exactly that. Your dedicated Anderson technician will work together with you using Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques, to create a pest control plan to meet your specific problems in the least intrusive way possible.
Yes. Anderson provides comprehensive solutions for the removal and prevention of rodents. And our team of bird control professionals has been providing commercial and residential customers with permanent solutions since 1913.
8. Do you guarantee your work?
Our work is backed by one of the strongest guarantees in the industry. Customers who choose our Single Service can expect a 60-day guarantee that specified pests have been removed with return service and treatment for any renewed activity.
9. Does the time of the year affect the likelihood that I will have a problem with pests?
Pests just don’t go away during the cooler months. In fact, it is during colder times of the year that pests seek shelter and food. In the warmer months, we concentrate on the exterior of your home. We locate and seal common entry points to prevent pests from entering the structure. During the winter service, we conduct both an interior and exterior inspection of your home to ensure a pest free environment.
10. We have recently discovered a problem with bed bugs in our home. How can Anderson help?
Bed bugs have been an increasingly disturbing problem to homeowners. Fortunately, Anderson has a solution that will effectively rid your home of these pests for good. Your Anderson technician will:
- Thoroughly inspect to confirm live bedbug activity
- Install trapping systems to confirm further activity
- Treat wall outlets, baseboards, and door and window frames
- Treat headboard, mattress, box spring, and bed frame
- Treat upholstered furniture
- Treat behind wall hanging items
- Treat nightstands, furniture, and closets
- Install protective encasements on the mattress box spring
- Vacuum in sensitive situations such as cribs, infant mattresses, bird cages, fish tanks etc, where the application of a pesticide is not recommended
- Create a full report describing the treatment and how you can protect your home or facility from further infestations
- Return after 7 days of the first service
11. Recently my neighbors discovered termites in their home and now I am worried that we will have the same problem.
Call Anderson for a free termite inspection. If termites are found, you can count on the Anderson Solution. We’ll come to your home quickly for a single service, usually the same day and often within hours. One-time single services will rid your home of these pests, and are backed by our industry-leading guarantee.