Keeping Rodents Out of Your Business
Serving Illinois and Indiana
There are several reasons why rodents are known to infest office complexes and businesses, and it often has to do with the cleanliness of the building. You don’t have to ban snacks and lunches at employee workstations, but your employees shouldn’t use their work spaces as kitchens. Time is short, and sometimes employees have to eat and work to get everything done before they clock out for the day. If they eat at their desks, have them clean up everything before leaving! Leftover food is a huge attractant for rodents, and eliminating their source of survival can work to eliminate your chances of a rodent infestation.
Ready For a Free Pest Control Quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Preventing Rodents in Commercial Buildings
Bottom line, preventing rodents in a business requires keeping the premises clean and tidy! There are two simple things you can do on a regular basis in your business to prevent an infestation:
- Empty the Trash Bins Regularly
- When trash sits for an extended period, it breaks down and releases a foul scent. Rodents pick up on this odor long before people can smell it, giving them even more reasons to venture into your business.
- You don’t have to take out the trash every day, but it’s important to empty the bins regularly, especially if they’re filled with food scraps.
- Clean Out the Office Refrigerator Once a Week
- Those leftovers in the office refrigerator can attract rodents even with the door closed and lids covering the food. Rodents have an amazing sense of smell and can focus their sniffs in the same way that people focus their eyes.
- In addition, it’s a good habit to clean out the fridge once a week if you want to prevent a lingering odor and to keep rodents and other pests out of the break room.
Invest in Routine Rodent Control
Some companies wait until they have a rodent infestation before taking action. When it comes to rodent control, taking a preventative approach is key. Professionals can identify entryways that go unnoticed and seal cracks and crevices that pests use to sneak into businesses. They can also recommend effective solutions for removing existing pests and preventing future infestations. When nothing you do seems to keep rodents out of your business, Anderson Pest Solutions has you covered. We serve businesses throughout the Midwest, providing services for eliminating rodents while reducing or eliminating the need for toxic pesticides. We also focus on prevention, keeping your business free of rodents.
<< Back to Rodent Exterminator Services