Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home
Serving Illinois and Indiana
Bed bugs are one of the most feared pests that can infest your home quickly without preventative action. The most frightening aspect of these pests is that every home is vulnerable, even if you maintain a clean and tidy home. Getting bed bugs can happen to anyone, which it’s so important to learn how to keep bed bugs out. In general, knowing what attracts bed bugs and how they get indoors is your best defense against an infestation. Keep reading for Anderson’s top tips for keeping bed bugs out of your home.
How to Keep Bed Bugs Out of Your Home
As with any other pest, prevention is the best method of control. Thankfully, there are many things you can do that may aid in keeping bed bugs out. The most important thing is to keep your house clean and tidy, as messy surroundings can welcome the tiny pests. In general, the following measures can decrease your chance of getting bed bugs:
- Vacuum the floor. Bed bugs can live in crevices, cracks in the floor, and carpeting. When vacuuming, pay special attention to where the floor and wall meet, which provides a good hiding spot for the tiny bugs.
- Clean your pet’s bed. Bed bugs have been known to take up residence in the beds where your pets sleep. Check their beds just like you’d check your own, and thoroughly clean them as much as possible
- Clean up clutter. Excess clutter in the home essentially provides more hiding spaces for bed bugs. Make sure to keep your surroundings free of messes.
- Cover your mattress. A sturdy mattress cover that can withstand tears or holes will be extremely helpful in keeping bed bugs away from your mattress.
- Be wary of used items. Buying used household items can offer a lot of benefits, but they can also transport bed bugs. Make sure to always thoroughly check any used item before bringing it home.
- Take care while traveling. Travelers unknowingly spread bed bugs they pick up from hotel rooms and carry with them on their luggage or clothing. Keep your luggage and clothing off the floor and beds, and make sure to fully inspect your hotel room for signs of infestations before settling in.
Ready For a Free Pest Control Quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Keeping Bed Bugs Away For Good
It can be extremely frustrating to find out you have a bed bug infestation, and you likely want to know how the problem started in the first place! Unfortunately, bed bugs spread much more easily than you think. As soon as you think you see the signs of an infestation, call your local bed bug exterminators for an inspection. By always being on the lookout for the signs, you can prevent a bed bug infestation in your property.
Best Bed Bugs Solutions
When you’ve done all you can to keep bed bugs out and still have a problem, it’s time to call the bed bug control team at Anderson. Bed bugs are excellent hiders and can spread easily, but our team can stop the infestation from getting worse and ensure you don’t deal with them again. For more information on our bed bug prevention and control services, call us today!