Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home
Serving Illinois and Indiana
Bed bugs are one of the most feared pests that can infest your home quickly without preventative action. The most frightening aspect of these pests is that every home is vulnerable, even if you maintain a clean and tidy home. If you’re currently working with a professional pest control company, you need to meet with your provider and ask them to review their bed bug approach. Have them detail their plan to protect your home against an infestation, and also how they would handle the situation if bed bugs were to appear. If you’re not satisfied with the answers you receive, call Anderson Pest Solutions. As one of the foremost proponents of bed bug prevention and eradication in the Midwest, Anderson will custom design a plan that will precisely meet your needs.
How to Avoid Bed Bug Infestations
As with any other pest, prevention is the best method of control. Thankfully, there are many things you can do to prevent infestations in the home. The most important thing is to keep your house clean and tidy, as messy surroundings can welcome the tiny pests. In general, the following measures can decrease your chance of getting bed bugs:
- Vacuum the floor: Bed bugs can live in crevices, cracks in the floor, and carpeting. When vacuuming, pay special attention to where the floor and wall meet, which provides a good hiding spot for the tiny bugs.
- Clean your pet’s bed: Bed bugs have been known to take up residence in the beds where your pets sleep. Check their beds just like you’d check your own, and thoroughly clean them as much as possible
- Clean up clutter: Excess clutter in the home essentially provides more hiding spaces for bed bugs. Make sure to keep your surroundings free of messes.
- Cover your mattress: A sturdy mattress cover that can withstand tears or holes will be extremely helpful in keeping bed bugs away from your mattress.
- Be wary of used items: Buying used household items can offer a lot of benefits, but they can also transport bed bugs. Make sure to always thoroughly check any used item before bringing it home.
- Take care while traveling: Travelers unknowingly spread bed bugs they pick up from hotel rooms and carry with them on their luggage or clothing. Keep your luggage and clothing off the floor and beds, and make sure to fully inspect your hotel room for signs of infestations before settling in.
Ready For a Free Pest Control Quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll be in touch with a free quote!
Professional Bed Bug Prevention and Extermination
Anderson’s trained Bed Bug Consultant will provide the following as part of a comprehensive program:
- Conduct an assessment of your program needs based on the type of facility and the size of the bed bug infestation.
- Help you assign specific responsibilities to various staff members.
- Provide a one-time or routine inspection training for housekeeping or maintenance staff.
- Provide a recommendation for treatment based on experience and knowledge of the building.
Your Anderson Consultant will also help you decide the frequency of inspection, and determine whether inspection should be conducted by your in-house staff, a pest professional, or a canine inspection team.