Do I Have Bed Bugs?
The main signs of bed bugs are blood stains or dark spots on your sheets or mattress. Other common signs of a bed bug infestation include noticing bites on your skin and smelling a foul, musty odor.
The main signs of bed bugs are:
- Bed bug feces, which look like small, reddish brown spots
- Bed bug exoskeletons
- White eggs or eggshells
- Red and round marks on the skin from bites
- A foul, moldy smell from bed bug scent glands
Signs of a Bed Bug Problem
The biggest sign of bed bugs is seeing their bite marks on your skin. These bites can look a lot like other types of bug bites because of the red and itchy marks they leave behind. For the most part, the bites won’t cause other symptoms. There are several signs you may have an infestation. Bed bug skins or their sticky eggs/empty eggshells are a sign bed bugs have established their presence inside your property and could be reproducing. Bed bug feces leave dark spots on bedding or anywhere else they may be active. Another big indicator of bed bugs is noticing blood stains on your sheets, which signals that bed bugs could be feeding overnight.
Ready for a Free Pest Control Quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we'll be in touch with a free quote!
4 Ways to Inspect for Bed Bugs
If you have noticed any of the above signs of bed bugs, there are several ways you can look for bed bugs in your property by yourself:
- Inspect your bed sheets before removing them to look at the edges, tags, and seams on your mattress.
- Use a magnifying glass to look for live bed bugs, eggs, and nymphs.
- Inspect your box spring as you would your mattress.
- Investigate other areas of the home, including upholstered furniture and even power outlets!
Do You Have Bed Bugs in Illinois and Indiana?
Whether you find bites on your legs or spots on your bedding, how do you know if you have an infestation? If you see even a couple of bed bugs, it’s often a bad sign you already have a full-blown infestation. A professional bed bug exterminator can help determine the extent of your bed bug problem.