Spring is Coming! Watch Out for These Pests
As the weather warms up for springtime, pests come back out in full force. After wintertime, pests are encouraged out and start to cause problems for homeowners all throughout Illinois and Indiana. Pest control is extremely important during this time to avoid the onslaught of infestations. There are a few ways you can lessen the risk of an infestation from some of the common springtime pests. Read on for expert tips from the exterminators at Anderson Pest Control.
Most Common Pests in Spring
Although some of the following pests are active year-round, they’re especially concerning this time of year. To avoid a full-blown infestation, it’s important to act now to prevent them:
6 Tips to Prevent Springtime Pests
As a part of your spring cleaning routine, it’s smart to incorporate pest prevention measures as well. There are several ways you can lessen the risk of getting pests in your property this spring:
- Clean your windows and doors thoroughly. If you find any cracks or crevices make sure to securely seal them.
- Deep-clean your carpets and rugs. Vacuum, shampoo, or even steam cleaning works well.
- Sanitize and clean your kitchen with a focus on your appliances. Crumbs and spilled liquids are easy bait for rodents, cockroaches, and more!
- Remove debris from your yard, and trim any shrubs or tree branches away from your home. Clear out your gutters and downspouts.
- Check on plumbing and pipes. Quickly address any leaks or blockages.
- Tidy up! Clean under furniture, wipe down surfaces, and inspect areas of your home that need some fixing up.
Protect Your Home From Seasonal Pests
If you’ve done all you can to prevent pests this spring but still catch sight of rodents or wasps, it’s best to enlist professional help. The exterminators at Anderson will work with you to develop a custom pest control plan to keep pests out during the spring and all year long.