It’s Termite Time! Termite Awareness Week
Termite Awareness Week is underway, and the experts at Anderson Pest Solutions are here to provide you with the facts! Our team aims to spread awareness about the possible (and very real) dangers of termites year-round in Chicago IL. For Termite Awareness Week, we’re sharing a series of informational videos that explore the signs of termite activity, how to prevent termites, and controlling termites in your home or business.
Signs of Termites
There are 5 main signs of termite activity:
- Swarmers, AKA winged termites that emerge in large groups around this time each year.
- Often the first visible sign of termites, piles of shed wings left by swarmers.
- Damaged wood can appear blistered, rotten, and sound hollow.
- Often confused with sawdust, termite droppings (frass) are the color of wood.
- Besides seeing swarmers, subterranean termite mud tubes are the most common sign of activity.
Preventing Termite Infestations
To prevent termites, there are a number of ways you can lessen the change of getting an infestation. Always keep firewood and any mulch at a distance from the foundation of your home. Similarly, always remove excess wood from your property, including construction lumber, fallen trees, and stumps. It’s also important to do everything you can to prevent moisture-damaged wood by promptly repairing leaky faucets and poor drainage problems. Most of all, make sure you have a continuous termite monitoring, baiting, or protection plan in place from your termite control team!
Termite Control in the Midwest
Here at Anderson, Termite Awareness Week lasts all year long! Our goal is to make sure our customers are well-informed on their options to protect their property from termites. If you’re unsure what termite treatment method works best for you and your family, our termite exterminators can help. We’ll be happy to customize a termite treatment plan suited to the unique needs of your property!