Why DIY Pest Control Doesn’t Work
It’s easy to understand why so many people gravitate toward DIY solutions to problems. When it comes to pest control, however, this is a gamble. Do-it-yourself pest control, whether that’s all-natural methods or store-bought sprays and products, is unreliable and will not control a serious infestation. We’ve all tried them to varying degrees of success, but it’s always important to use a professional approach when you are dealing with pests. A pest control company such as Anderson Pest Solutions has the years of experience needed to get rid of pest problems quickly and effectively. Keep reading to learn more about the pros and cons of DIY pest control.
DIY Pest Control: Pros & Cons
If you have just a few ants or spiders here and there, store-bought or DIY pest control will often do the job. However, these do not provide long-lasting relief from pest problems. There are several disadvantages of DIY pest control:
- A lot of store-bought sprays and baits are filled with chemicals that can be dangerous for you, your family, and your pets. Even when you read the label carefully, these products can be applied incorrectly, which can be hazardous.
- Certain pests, including rodents, termites, bed bugs, and carpenter ants are more dangerous and destructive. Without the help of a professional, getting rid of certain pests can be very challenging and even dangerous.
- DIY and store-bought products don’t come with a guarantee or warranty as often as professional services, often meaning you often have to buy more products.
Why Hire a Professional Pest Control Company?
If you have a pest problem, chances are you want it gone ASAP. In order to do this, it’s always best to use a professional pest control company. Yes, doing so may be a bigger commitment of your time and money, but it always pays off tenfold when you are guaranteed pest-free living. Some of the benefits of teaming up with a professional pest control company include:
- A pest control company has the knowledge and experience to tackle any current infestation you have. Exterminators are experts in the behaviors and habits of pests, making it easier to control any problems quickly and efficiently.
- With a focus on IPM practices, exterminators can also work to prevent future problems.
- As often as possible, a professional will use environmentally-responsible products that are always applied safely and effectively with little invasion or disruption to your daily life.
- If you choose to get regular pest control services, your exterminator will work with you to develop a customized pest control plan suited to the unique needs of your property.
How to Choose Between DIY and Professional Pest Control
DIY pest control might work for small pest problems, but they aren’t a long-term solution. To prevent pests year-round or to control serious infestations, a professional exterminator is your best chance. Here at Anderson, our exterminators will work with you to keep you pest-free all year long. Contact our team today to learn how we can help!