How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally?
All-natural termite solutions can possibly work to prevent termites, but will not work to control a serious termite infestation.
It’s easy to understand why some people may be wary of pest control treatments and prefer to turn toward more natural ways to prevent termites. Some of the all-natural methods used to prevent termites include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. While some of these methods can repel termites, they are not strong enough to control a severe termite problem.
Natural vs. Professional Termite Treatment
Trying to prevent termites with DIY or all-natural techniques can occasionally work. Unfortunately, these methods will not work to get rid of an active infestation in your home or business. Termite infestations are notoriously difficult to control and DIY methods can just prolong the infestation. For quick and effective termite control, it’s important to get the industry’s best termite treatments administered by highly trained pest control professionals.
Do You Have A Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we’ll be in touch in an hour or less.
Tips to Prevent Termites Naturally
The following methods are commonly used as DIY ways to repel termites:
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Sunlight: Termites are very sensitive to sunlight; exposing infested furniture to daylight can kill off any hiding termites.
- Orange oil: This can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Do I Need Professional Termite Prevention?
For guaranteed protection against termites, a professional termite exterminator is your best bet. Professionals know how to eliminate the conditions that could attract termites to your property in the first place. Contact the termite exterminators at Anderson Pest Solutions to learn more.