How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Illinois & Indiana?
If termites are discovered, you likely want to prevent the infestation from getting worse or spreading to other areas. The first step should always be to contact a professional termite exterminator. A termite control expert will work to stop the infestation and keep them from spreading.
In addition to working with a professional, it’s important to learn how to prevent termites in general by making your property less attractive to the pests. This includes getting rid of excess moisture in the home by fixing leaky pipes, cleaning up debris, fixing damaged wood, and more.
5 Tips to Stop Termites From Spreading
In addition to regular treatments and inspections, there are several things you can do to make your property less attractive to termites. The best termite prevention tips are as follows.
- Store piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees or decaying logs from areas surrounding your yard.
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home as well as any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Make sure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
Do You Have A Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we’ll be in touch in an hour or less.
Will I Get Termites From My Neighbors?
If you notice your neighbor has termites, there’s no reason to panic. Get a termite inspection, and begin to implement termite preventative measures. If you begin to notice the signs of termites, always contact a professional. A termite exterminator can stop early termite activity and keep them from spreading further in or around your home. For assistance, contact the team at Anderson Pest Solutions!