Ant Control: Get Rid of Ants
Ants are the number one pest problem in the country. Ant control can be difficult, but there are some things you should know about how ant behavior can lead to big headaches for you and your home:
Ants can enter through even the tiniest cracks, seeking water and sweet or greasy food substances in the kitchen pantry or storeroom areas.
Ants leave an invisible chemical trail which contains pheromones for others to follow once they locate the food source.
They can nest about anywhere in and around your house; in lawns, walls, stumps, even under foundations. Colony size: Can number up to 300,000 to 500,000 and whole colonies can uproot and relocate quickly when threatened. Colony Lifetime: A colony can live a relatively long lifetime. Worker ants may live seven years and the queen may live as long as 15 years.
Can you get rid of ants yourself? Most do-it-yourself ant control approaches only kill the ants you see. Some truly effective treatments can penetrate and destroy nests to help prevent these pests from returning. Also, home remedies don’t account for the fact that different kinds of ant infestations require different treatments.
The Anderson Solution:
Your Anderson technician will:
- Determine the type of ant.
- Conduct a full property inspection that includes your yard, attached & detached structures, driveway and home.
- Directly treat all nests and trails on the outside.
- Install ant stations to monitor activity.
- Discreetly apply ant baits for interior nests.
- Seal small common entry points if they are contributing to the infestation.
- Create a full report describing the treatment and how you can protect your home from further infestations.
Our pestfree365® program covers over 36 common pests to ensure your property and home are protected throughout the entire year. Call today for a free estimate, or click here to schedule service online.