How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Illinois and Indiana
Sometimes a bed bug infestation is inevitable, but there are still some ways to prevent them. Knowing the signs of bed bugs, being cautious of used items, taking precautions while traveling are three things you can do to prevent bed bugs.
Five ways you can prevent a bed bug infestation:
- Cover your bed with mattress protectors
- Inspect hotel rooms and store luggage properly when traveling.
- Keep your property clutter-free and clean.
- Be cautious when bringing used furniture inside.
- Learn the signs of a bed bug infestation.
Ready for a Free Pest Control Quote?
Click the button below to leave your information and we'll be in touch with a free quote!
Can You Prevent Bed Bugs?
Anyone and everyone can get bed bugs. Even the cleanest home or hotel can get an infestation! Proper prevention starts with knowledge. It can be difficult to prevent a bed bug infestation, as they’re unpredictable and random. However, there are a number of ways you can stay vigilant about protecting you and your family from bed bugs all year long! Knowing the signs of bed bugs and how they often get inside homes is your best chance of preventing an infestation down the line.
Tips to Prevent Bed Bugs in Illinois and Indiana
There are several ways you can possibly lessen the risk of getting bed bugs in your property:
- Recognize the signs of bed bugs. Fecal spots, blood spots, and bed bug bites are the top signs of bed bugs.
- Cover your mattress. Choose a protector that is resistant to holes and tears.
- Take travel precautions. Research your hotel, pack clothes in vacuum-sealed bags, and store your luggage above-ground or in the bathtub.
- Stay wary of used furniture. Always thoroughly inspect secondhand items before you buy them or bring them inside.
- Get covers for your power outlets. Electrical outlets are ideal hiding spots for bugs. Cover them with a simple plug to eliminate their chances of getting in.
- Regularly clean and inspect your home. Look for signs of bed bugs, vacuum your floor, check pet beds, and keep a clutter-free environment.
What Attracts Bed Bugs in Illinois and Indiana?
Bed bugs will happily infest any space in which they can live and feed on their hosts. Once they’ve infested your property, there are several things that attract them to take up residence. They are not attracted to clutter or mess, but rather warmth and blood! This is why any homeowner is vulnerable to bed bug problems.